TI-84: Data Logger with CBL/motion Detector or CBR
This tutorial will demonstrate how to use Data Logger on the TI graphing calculators to collect data
using a CBL and motion detector.
To view a class using the CBL/CBR, click on the video below.
1. Click on the purple APPS button. Choose the sixth item.
2. The following screen comes up. Press any button.
3. Choose the 2nd item "Data Logger".
4. With the arrow keys, choose the settings you would like.
a. For a motion detector, choose "Sonic". The other menu items appear after you choose "Sonic".
b. Choose the number of data points (Samples) you would like. Use the arrow keys to highlight the number 50. Then you can type the number of samples you want.
c. The Interval is in seconds. You may want to change the .05 to .01 or even smaller.
d. For the Units, choose M for meters and Ft for feet.
e. You want to plot in Real Time.
f. If you want step by step directions, leave the Directions ON.
Go to GO... and hit ENTER.
5. Choose the equipment you have. In this case, choose CBL.
6. Be sure you have your link cords to connect the CBL to the Graphing calculator.
The plug is on top for the Ti-84.
7. Find the "Sonic" plug on the side of the CBL. Plug in the motion detector.
8. Turn the CBL on.
Data should start collecting. You can hear tick tick sounds. The data is stored in the lists under TDist and Dist for x and y. Check out Managing Data Collected From Using a CBL/CBR and Graphing Calculator to work with the data generated.