Use the process on this page to integrate your district's Canvas LMS with CPM.
IMPORTANT: Before you start these steps, first perform the CPM Process (link) steps. That process creates the Consumer Key and Shared Secret information that you will enter in Canvas.
Open a browser and log into Canvas if not already logged in. If needed, start by creating the course you need in Canvas.
- Name: Name the tool you are adding. Suggested name: CPM eBooks. (This name displays in step 9.)
- Consumer Key: Paste in the Consumer Key
- Shared Secret: Paste in the Shared Secret
- Launch URL: https://lti.cpm.org
- Domain (optional): cpm.org (or leave blank)
- Privacy: E-Mail Only
- Custom Fields: leave blank
- Description: leave blank
- Click Courses.
- Then click the link for a course that needs the tool.
If you are a teacher, and an administrator has already set up the tool for the district/school, skip ahead to step 8.
6. If needed, create a new module in Canvas where you will add the tool. You can also add the tool to existing modules.
Click +. This is the Add Tool button for the module. The Add Item window opens.
- At the top of the window, open the dropdown list and choose External Tool.
- Select the tool you are adding from the list that displays (the tool shown here is "Ebooks Production"). The URL and Page Name fill in automatically. Click Add Item.
- Click Add Item. The window updates automatically.
Now CPM material is available for students and teachers within Canvas for the chosen course.