This article describes the new teacher interface for creating classes and assigning students their eBook licenses.
Go to https://my.cpm.org and sign in.
- Scroll down to Account Management and select, "Try New eBook Licensing System".
2. Your screen will only show classes after you have created them. In this example, one current class is showing.
3. To logout, click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Click on Create Class.
- Enter Class Name.
- Enter Start and End Date from the popup calendar.
- Select a book for your class.
If your ebook does not show or you do not have enough eBook licenses, contact your eBook administrator.
- Click "Not seeing an eBook? Request more here."
- An email request will be generated with your customer administrator's email. Explain what you need and send.
- Once the class is created, the new class will appear on your home screen as shown below.
- Locate the PIN below the class name. Provide students the PIN number. (Note: You can copy and paste the PIN to another document.)
- Students are able to access their personal eBook with their class PIN using the following directions: Student Role: How do You Access a CPM eBook Using an Enrollment Pin?
- Click on blue arrow at the middle bottom of the class box.
- Click on Edit a class.
- Under Enroll, click on Single.
- Enter email or username, student first and last name.
- Click Submit.
FIRST, DOWNLOAD AND FILL STUDENT INFORMATION IN A TEMPLATE.
- Follow the first 3 steps in Method 2 above selecting "Bulk" instead of "Single".
- Download and open the template.
- Enter student information into the template. (Note: Delete any empty rows. The upload will error if there are empty rows.)
SECOND, SAVE TEMPLATE AND UPLOAD THE FILE.
- Save your file. Do not change the extension which is .csv. Drag and drop the .csv file into the upload box.
- Click upload.
NOTE: Some computers have a preference setting to hide the extensions. Change the setting to show the extension if your file is not working. If the file is saved as a .csv file, it will be correct whether or not the extension is showing.
Your file will take a few seconds to upload. See below for sample progress bar.
THIRD, VERIFY THAT YOUR STUDENTS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE CLASS.
- When the file has been uploaded, a message similar to the one below will list all students that have been uploaded.
- Each student's temporary password is his/her username in the form of the email.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the class to see the enrolled students.
To view eBooks available to you for your students,
- Click on the arrow next to your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Click on licenses.
- The popup will display the eBook licenses that are available along with their expiration date.
- To view past classes, click on 'Past Classes'.
- To view a class list, click the blue down arrow.
EDIT CLASS INFORMATION
- Click on 'Edit'.
- Edit the class information in the popup box. You can edit:
- Class Name
- Start/End Date
- eBook Title
- Save when done.
EDIT STUDENT INFORMATION
- To edit student information, click the blue down arrow to see the student list.
- Click the vertical three dots to the right of the student name.
- Reset the student password. All email password resets are set to the student's email.
- Transfer a student to another of your own classes.
- Remove the Student to delete the student from the class.