This article describes how school eBook administrators can edit an existing user. eBook administrators can edit accounts by logging into https://els.cpm.org and going to their "Users" page.
- You can now update the existing user's First and Last Name
- You can now manually Reset the existing user's Password
- If you reset the user's password, please direct them to https://ebooks.cpm.org and have them log in with their temporary log in credentials to reset their password.
- NOTE: if there is a yellow exclamation mark this means the password is not used on this account and can not be reset.
- For more information on how to reset a password, please refer to our article eBook Admin: Reset a User's Password
3. You can now update the existing user's email address by replacing it in the email address field.
4. You can now update the existing user's District Permissions (if appropriate)
- A School-Only Administrator can create and edit schools, but cannot edit schools created by other administrators.
- A District Administrator can create and edit all schools within the district.
- Faculty can create and edit classes, but can not create or edit schools.
- A student has no permissions within the district.
5. You can now update the existing user's Existing School
- A list of schools within your district should appear for you to choose from
6. You can now update the existing user's School Permissions (if appropriate)
7. You can now enable eWorkspace (if appropriate)
8. Save your edits.
If you need to update the existing user's username, please send a support ticket to [email protected] and an Agent will assist you.
If you cannot find the existing user's account, first try searching for their account in both the Teachers or Students tabs. For various reasons a teacher may have an existing account with student permissions.
If you still cannot find the existing user's account, please contact [email protected] and an Agent will assist you.