Create a Faculty Enrollment PIN
This article describes the process for creating a Faculty Enrollment Pin so that teachers can self select their eBooks needed for the school year. The PIN will facilitate the following:
- The PIN removes all previously assigned teacher eBooks from the teacher's account and assigns each teacher only what they request from a list of available eBooks.
- The PIN will associate anyone within our system having an email with your school's domain with your school/district.
- The PIN will allow teachers permission to issue student edition eBooks thereby making them 'license providers' for student eBooks.
In addition, teachers may notice that:
- Teacher notes stored in previously held eBooks will NOT BE LOST. Notes are associated with the login and not a particular license. Teachers will see their previous notes when issued the eBook again.
- eBook Admins can easily remove licenses from teachers who requested more eBooks than they actually need.
1. Navigate to: 'Create a new Faculty Enrollment PIN'.
2. Choose a school from the list.
- You can create as many school as you wish.
- Some districts choose to have only 1 'district school' so that this choice is easy.
3. Enter the pool, domain, date, and SAVE.
- School's with only 1 pool will not be asked to select a pool!
- The domain is the part after the @ symbol in your school's email address. If you do NOT have the option to add a domain, it has already been set!
- Choose the date from the calendar icon at the right.
4. Click you understand the security warning and the domain setting.
- A PIN poses a convenience to you and your teachers for easy access to eBooks.
- However, it is a security risk to have an open PIN which students and/or parents could access teacher editions should a teacher leave the PIN in plain sight. So the PIN is disabled after 1 week. The eBook, however, is usually available to the teacher for the school year.
- CHECK the domain listed. If it is NOT correct, send a message to email@example.com letting us know what the domain should be.
5. Give the generated PIN to your teachers.
- Remind teachers NOT to display the PIN for others to view.
- Some schools use the PIN only during a department meeting and disable it afterwards to avoid a security risk.
- Teachers go to: https://enroll.cpm.org to enter the PIN.
- Note: the PIN below is for display purposes only. It is NOT active!