eBook Admin: Tips For Manually Assigning Licenses
This article gives additional tips and notes for assigning licenses.
Manually assign a teacher a license is best in these cases:
- The teacher is already associated with your district/school.
- You want to make quick adjustments to license assignments.
- Teachers not already associated with your district/school cannot be manually assigned a license. In this case, create a faculty enrollment PIN. Teachers enrolling with a PIN will become associated with your district/school.
- If you have a large number of teachers who need to be assigned an eBook at the beginning of a term, create a faculty enrollment PIN. It will:
- Allow teachers to select the eBooks they need.
- Make them license providers for student eBooks. (This DOES not give them a student eBook. It just gives them access to student eBooks to assign to students.)
- Remove any eBooks they do not request from their account thereby freeing up eBooks to assign to other teachers.
Teachers can manually assign a student a license.
- In the Student Tab of any created class, clicking the blue 'Add a Student' button. Search for the student. Select the student. Then add to the class. The student will have access to the class eBook.
- If the student is brand new to your school, click the 'Add a Student' button. Click the 'Create New Student' Button and create an account for the student. Then add the student to the class.
- The 'Add a Student' button is best used to quickly add students who are new to your class or the school.
A student enrollment PIN is best used at the beginning of the term because it is faster and more convenient with large numbers of students.